Friday, March 11, 2011

Right now I am doing my student teaching and have six weeks left. It has been quite the experience. When I was in 2nd grade, I become attached to those children. At this age, I have realized that they are fairly independent, but still need that little assistance. Each day, when I get to school, I always get hugs from about 10 students. A day never goes by without hugs from them all, unless they are sick. Their personalitites are unique and quite special. I have a student, who is in love with me, or as the other teachers say, "a crush," but they are right, it is a crush. This boy is wonderful. He always draws stick pictures of me and him, and as of lately he has been putting Brodee in there too. I can always count on at least two pictures a day from him. My stack of stick figure pictures is getting quite big. :) He always wants me to come play outside with him during recess, and every chance he gets, during breaks, he always finds me and gives me a hug. Right before he heads back to class though he always says, "I'll see you later Miss Scott." They also say the cutiest things, that coming from a second grader can make you feel pretty special. One boy in class came up to me one day and said, "Miss Scott, your hair looks mighty fine today." It was curly and I guess he was a fan of curly hair. I hadn't worn it curly for a while after that day until he asked me, "Miss Scott, can you wear your hair curly the next Thursday?" With a face like that, how could I resist? So..the next Thursday, I wore my hair curly for him. When he walked into the classroom and took a look at me, his face penetrated a smile from ear to ear. He walked over to me and said, "Miss Scott, you wore your hair like that. I sure do like it."

As for Brodee, he is currently working in Ogden doing electrical work and going to school on the week days. As a result, I only get to see him Thursday night through Sunday night. It has been a challenge, but I go love those Thursday nights when I get to see him :) Right now also, he is looking for a job around the Malta/Elba area, so that once we are married, we can live here and not in Utah. I am hoping also that I will be able to get a job at the school next year teaching 2nd or 3rd grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment