Sunday, March 31, 2013

2 weeks old and growing like a weed

As of 8:22 am Paetyn is...
2 weeks
14 days
336 hours
20,160 minutes and
1,209,600 seconds old.


Wow! How the time is already going by so quickly. Paetyn is such a doll. I love her more than anything and love to cuddle her cubbiness :) She is such a good baby. We all call her "P" for short and the nickname is already sticking. We went to the Dr. on Tuesday and she is weighing 6 lbs 9 oz. She has gained weighted...yay!!

Already in two weeks, I have learned so much about her...
She has the cutiest personality. Sometimes she will just grin to grin regardless of the situation (I wonder what she is thinking about).
She has beautiful, tan skin.
She looks likes Brodee, but she has my lush lips.
She hates being swaddled. She loves to just be wrapped up in a blanket or right next to my body.
She sleeps in 4 hour or longer intervals. I feed her at 9:30, 1:30 and 6:30 during the night.
She makes insane noises that make Brodee and I both giggle.
She makes the cutests faces. I can't take them serious because they crack me up each time.
She has a poop face. ha it is quite commical to watch, BUT at least I know when a dirty diaper is in sight.


She knows the sound of my voice. She perks up (when she is awake) when I speak...it's so special, I love it.
She rides in the car extremely well.
She hates to be without clothes on and even a diaper change gets her mad.
She doesn't like sponge baths. We haven't given her a full 'in water' bath yet because her umbilical cord hadn't fallen off, BUT it feel off today :) She will probably hate baths too, but we'll see.
She loves to look at the can lights in our kitchen and the light from the window.
She sleeps through any noise, even the vacuum cleaner.
She loves to be held. Her grandma Scott loves to hold her...so it works well for both of them :)


We skype with Holly and I lay her on the couch and put the computer screen down so that Holly is able to see her and Paetyn grins everytime she hears Holly's voice. It is fun to watch her.
She loves, loves her face! Her hands are constantly up by her face.
She is a good self soother. If she hasn't fallen completely to sleep after a feeding, I will lay her in her crib and with a few of those noises, she falls right to sleep.
She sleeps just like me--hands by face and mouth wide open.


She loves to lay in our bed in the morning after Brodee has gone to work and snuggle with me. (I don't know if she enjoys it, but I sure do)

Paetyn is changing everyday and it's fun to watch. I love being a mommy and getting to stay home with her. There is no greater blessing.



No comments:

Post a Comment